Friday, May 13, 2011

Spring Sprung Late

Spring Sprung Late

Hello.

This is Phil.  Yes, I am aware of the terrific lag between January when I started this blog and now, which is in the midst of May.  I don't have a lot to say to this, other than to simply shrug my shoulders in something resembling an "Aww... Shucks."  Picture this with a grimace and wince in the eyes.  You're getting close now.  Add a tired and knowing grin, and you got the whole picture.

Why then, am I writing now?  Perhaps it is that I have reached some kind of inner threshold - I can't help but write now.  Writing is the core of who I am, and in the past year (or two or three), my life has happened at such a furious pace that it bears reflection, description and observation and even maybe some prescription.

The next few posts will include:

- the first scene of a YA fantasy novel I vowed to write this year.  The working title is Cat's Paw, and I'm in the middle of my first outline.  I have the broad arc, but there is much to be fleshed out.  That being said, I want to introduce you to the character of Hormunder (or Ormunder - not sure yet - Hormunder said aloud sounds remarkable like whoremonger.... ahem).

- Some selected poetry.  I have a lot, some good, most bad, and some I've performed at slams.

- And, if I can summon the energy, I would like to continue in the theme of many of my past blogs: reflections on life.

This will cover diverse topics such as: impending fatherhood, baptism and whether it means I'll be Catholic (or not), gaming, being married, university, teaching, writing, faith, and other sundry things.

No comments:

Post a Comment