Tuesday, July 26, 2011

38 weeks 2 days

I have been informed today that the owl has a flock of people that will attend a pity party in his honor.

It would seem that a lady, with child, often reaches a point where she is ready to have an 'outside baby,' but is forced to wait for nature's timing instead of a date linked to her convenience. As such, the lady may become grumpy and impatient, stir-crazy and unpleasant. THUS the era of elective C-SECTIONS?!?!?!!?

I am pleased to report that not only am I not opting for an elective C-SECTION, but that I am also none of the aforementioned negative qualities. My mother expects me to embody these unhappy traits, having carried this baby longer than she any of her six. It is my parents that are sending prayers to the owl, feeling he might be hen-pecked for the next two weeks.

Fortunately this is not the case. This hawk is peppy, happy with the company of my pretty cockatiels, entertained with knitting projects and university course coordination, cleaning things, walking around and waking up the owl at the crack of dawn.

We have a lovely nest ready for the little chick. It is a pretty dark cherry, host to a black bear with an emerald green ribbon, mickey mouse and a little ducky, all perched on a frog/snail/duck/turtle bedding, set beneath a frog/snail/duck/turtle mobile that softly plays the Brahms lullaby.

Ah, me.

The rain fell in soft sheets and stripped away the hours. After a fairly hot July, this unprecedented period of precipitation is appreciated in appropriate portions. Today it was a blissful union of weather, quiet mood and meditative preparation. I am knitting a mint green blanket, but using purling exclusively with no pretty planned pattern.

Needless to say (though I am sure through the incessant blathering it can be gathered) the Hawk is excited for the rush, fear, scramble and energy of bringing a little one into the world, and finds this interim period an interesting test of what is important and core to making a day worth living from sun to sun.

-Hawk

No comments:

Post a Comment